UCT GIVES BACK…AGAIN
Your School Could Win $10,000
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: UCT Gives Back: Your School Could Win $10,000 (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (void in Puerto Rico) who are at least eighteen (18) years old as of October 1, 2013, and residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are of the age of majority in their province or territory of residence as of October 1, 2013, and who did not purchase any equipment or register for Internet access for the purposes of entering this Contest. Each school is limited to one entry. See “How to Enter; Submission Phase” paragraph 5 below for details. Subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor and Administrator: The Order of the United Commercial Travelers of America, 1801 Watermark Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43215-8619 (614 487-9680).
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on October 1, 2013 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on March 14, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”) and consists of three (3) phases as set forth in the chart below:
(at 11:59 p.m. ET)
|Submission||October 1, 2013 (1:00 p.m. ET)||December 31, 2013|
|Selection of Finalists||January 1, 2014 (12:00 a.m. ET)||February 2, 2014|
|Winner Determination||February 3, 2014 (1:00p.m. ET)||March 14, 2014|
Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter; Submission Phase: During the Submission Phase, visit www.facebook.com/UCTinAction and complete and submit the submission form, including a valid email address and other mandatory registration fields. You will also be asked to include the link to a video you have created and posted to www.Youtube.com explaining how a donation will help your school intellectual disability program or special education teacher training program (“School”). Submit your submission form and your video link (collectively, your “Submission”) to receive one (1) entry into the Contest. Video links must remain active and link to your video on YouTube until the end of the Contest Period. In the event that a Submission contains a video link that is not valid or cannot be found, that Submission will be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for YouTube functionality. By uploading your Submission, you agree that it conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor may disqualify the entry from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
- The video must be acceptable with YouTube format and size limitations and otherwise comply with all the YouTube Terms of Service.
- The video must not exceed two (2) minutes in length.
- The Submission cannot have been submitted previously to a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means.
- The authorized account holder owning the email address associated with the YouTube ID with which the video Submission was uploaded will be deemed the entrant (“Entrant”). The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. A potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. If any group or groups elect to collaborate on a Submission, they are required to designate one (1) person as the agent of the group to enter the Contest as Entrant, agree to these rules and accept the prize for the School on behalf of the group. Sponsor, its councils and agencies are not liable for any disputes with the authorized account holder or any dispute between collaborators arising under or related to the Contest.
- Each Submission must comply with the YouTube Terms of Service http://www.youtube.com/t/terms and Community Guidelines http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines, the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities at http://www.facebook.com/legal/terms as well as these Official Rules. In the event of any inconsistency between these Official Rules and any of the foregoing, the terms in these Official Rules shall prevail.
- The Submission must not contain material not created by Entrant. NO NONORIGINAL MUSIC SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN THE VIDEO.
- The Submission must not contain material that constitutes copyright infringement or violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights.
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party.
- The Submission must not feature brand names or trademarks other than those of UCT or its affiliated brands, which Entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate into his/her Submission for this Contest.
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous.
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations, in any jurisdiction where the Submission is created.
Limit: Each Entrant may enter the Contest one (1) time during the Submission Phase, and no School can be featured in more than one entry. Any Submissions received from any email address associated with the YouTube ID or featuring any School in excess of the stated limit will be void. Entrant must have permission from all individuals mentioned or who appear in the Submission (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, Entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Uploading a Submission constitutes Entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from and display such Submission in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, Entrant will sign any documentation required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights Entrant is granting to use the Submission. Released Parties (as defined in Section 10, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions, all of which will be void.
6. Winner Determination:
Selection of Finalists Phase: After the conclusion of the Submission Phase, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will screen the Submissions to confirm that they comply with the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions. Non-conforming submissions will not be eligible for any prize. Qualified judges will then select the ten (10) highest scoring Submissions (each a “Finalist”) from among all eligible Submissions received, based on an application of the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”): (i) Demonstrated dedication and passion for working with persons with intellectual disabilities (worth 70% of a total Submission score), and (ii) Creativity and clarity in communication (worth 30% of total Submission score). In the event of a tie, the Finalist whose Submission received the highest score in the “Demonstrated dedication and passion criteria” category as determined by the judges in their sole discretion, will become a Finalist. Judges reserve the right to select fewer than the stated number of Finalists, if, in their sole discretion, the Contest does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions.
Winner Determination Phase: During the Winner Determination Phase, the ten (10) or fewer Finalist Submissions will be posted to an online gallery at www.facebook.com/UCTinAction. The general public will be invited to vote for the Submission they believe best meets the Judging Criteria. Individuals may vote one (1) time per 24 hour period per Internet Protocol Address (“IP address”) during the Winner Determination Phase. The number of votes a Submission receives during the Winner Determination Phase will be deemed the potential winner. In the event of a tie, the Finalist whose Submission received the highest score in the “Demonstrated dedication and passion criteria” category as determined by the judges in their sole discretion, will be deemed the potential winner.
For Voting: Multiple voters are not permitted to share the same IP address. Multiple votes received from any IP address in excess of the stated number per day will be void. Finalists are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public. Use of any automated system to vote is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected votes.
7. Winner Requirements: The potential winner that received the most votes will be notified by email or phone on or around March 15, 2014, and potential winner(s) and School(s) will be required to complete, electronically sign and submit a Declaration of Compliance within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the $10,000 first prize, or $5,000 second prize. If the potential winner is from Canada, the Entrant will also first be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question without aid or assistance, mechanical or otherwise. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Declaration of Compliance within the required time period or does not comply with these Official Rules or if a Canadian potential winner does not correctly answer the mathematical skill testing question in the manner prescribed, then the potential winner and the School forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a Finalist runner-up determined by the next highest number of votes. Only Finalists will be eligible to be named runner-ups, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify School’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the name, city, state or province, and the name, likeness, voice and other indicia of persona of the winner and the School’s personnel and the Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional use, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Winner and School accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Winner and School will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 10, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs) arising out of any breach of these terms.
8. Prize: There are two (2) prizes consisting of US $15,000 cash available to be won, of which US $10,000 will be paid to the first-place winning school, and US $5,000 will be paid to the second-place winning school. Prizes are non-transferable, and no substitution will be permitted unless Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines otherwise. Winners are responsible for all federal, provincial, state and local taxes (if any) and any other costs, expenses or fees associated with prize acceptance and/or use not specified herein as being provided.
9. Odds of Winning: The odds of this winning this skill contest depend upon all the following: (1) the odds of being selected as a Finalist depend on the number and caliber of eligible Submissions received as determined by the judges based upon the Judging Criteria, and (2) the odds of being selected as the potential winner depend on the total number of votes a Submission receives during the Winner Determination phase based upon the Judging Criteria, and in the case of a potential winner from Canada, winner is dependent upon the Entrant’s ability to correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question without aid or assistance.
10. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner and School agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its respective affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising/promotion agencies, Facebook, YouTube and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize or anything purchased with the prize money.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure and criteria outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual or Entrant it finds is tampering with, or has tampered with, the entry process, Winner Determination process, the operation of the Contest, or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) technical failures of any kind related to the functions of Facebook.com or YouTube.com or any other failure, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines, Internet access or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (d) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading of Submissions, the processing or judging of Submissions, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (e) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Contest or School’s receipt or use or misuse of any prize money (including any travel/activity related therefrom). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Ohio (Southern Division) or the appropriate Ohio state court located in Columbus, Ohio; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees or legal costs; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Ohio or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Ohio.
14. Sponsorship: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or YouTube. You are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. The personal information Entrant provides will only be used for purposes of the Contest and will not be used by Sponsor for any other purpose. By entering the Contest, all Entrants and participants agree to release Facebook and YouTube from and against any claim or a cause of action as provided in Section 10.
15. Winner List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the Contest Period ends and no later than __May 1_, 2014. For the Winner List, send an email with subject line: “UCT Gives Back Winner List Request,” to UCTGivesBack@uct.org.