Schools in your community with programs for people with intellectual disabilities or universities with programs to train special education teachers still have time to enter our “UCT Gives Back” video contest for $10,000. No kidding – $10,000! The contest is open to schools in the U.S. and Canada. The process is simple, and the $10,000 UCT will give the school with the winning video could make a difference where you live!
Do you know of or work with schools for people with intellectual disabilities or universities with programs to train special education teachers? Then let them – and teachers, parents and concerned individuals – know about this opportunity and encourage them to enter. Entries must be submitted by November 30, so start spreading the word today! Entering a video is easy – here’s how:
- Create a short video up to two minutes long
- The video doesn’t need to be professionally filmed – use a video camera or Smartphone and keep it simple!
- Explain how the $10,000 would help your program
- Post the video on YouTube and complete the contest form at UCT’s Facebook page www.facebook.com/UCTinAction by clicking on the “UCT Gives Back” tab
- All entries are due by no later than November 30, 2012.
Video finalists will be posted on UCT’s Facebook page January 14-February 15 for fans to vote on the winner. Fans can vote once per day! The winning school will be announced and awarded the $10,000 cash prize in March 2013. Check out the official contest rules for more details.
Helping people with intellectual disabilities has been UCT’s number one community service project for over 50 years. Members support local schools, workshops, camps and other programs for people with intellectual disabilities.
UCT also supports Special Olympics and the American Special Hockey Association (ASHA) and awards scholarships to college students seeking to teach people with intellectual disabilities. Our “UCT Gives Back” video contest is just one more way to show how much we care.