In just over 8 days one deserving school will win $10,000 and another will win $5,000 through the UCT Gives Back…AGAIN video contest for schools with programs for students with intellectual disabilities. While all of the participating schools are deserving of these awards, everyone has their favorite they’d like to see win. If you’re not sure what you can do to help your favorite school gain more votes, here are 8 ways in 8 days YOU can help determine which school wins!
1. Tell EVERYONE you know to visit https://www.facebook.com/UCTinAction/app_205243299607279 and vote!
2. Create a viral video or post to encourage people to vote for your favorite school.
3. Tell your favorite parrot to tweet about UCT Gives Back…or use your own social networks to share https://www.facebook.com/UCTinAction/app_205243299607279.
4. Rally your community by asking local businesses and restaurants to post flyers about voting for your participating school. Enourage area pizzerias to distribute flyers with each pizza they deliver to help spread the word!
5. Ask your local Chamber of Commerce to promote voting among local businesses. Speak at local civic organization meetings about the contest and encourage voting for your school.
6. Dress up like a superhero and patrol your neighborhood for non-voters (just kidding…mostly).
7. Let your local media outlets (newspaper, TV, radio) know about the contest – and how winning it would benefit your school – and ask them to promote voting.
8. VOTE, VOTE, VOTE for your favorite school at https://www.facebook.com/UCTinAction/app_205243299607279!
Voting ends at 11:59 p.m. on March 14th and fans can vote once every 24 hours, so make these 8 days count!
UCT Gives Back…Again is a video contest for schools with programs for people with intellectual disabilities or universities with programs to train special education teachers. And the winner will receive $10,000, along with the second place school receiving $5,000. The contest is open to schools in the U.S. and Canada.
Learn more about UCT and our passion for helping our local communities at www.uct.org.
Thanks for reading, and GOOD LUCK to our finalists!
Community Outreach Manager