More and more companies and organizations are finding that a simple way to have a huge impact on the environment is through reducing paper consumption by turning paper documents into electronic ones and eliminating paper from workflows. A tree can only produce, on average, 17 reams of paper and takes about 100 years to grow. By reducing paper usage, organizations like UCT can have a direct impact on reducing their carbon footprint. After all, more than 50 percent of paper comes from virgin forests.
Going paperless also helps to reduce C02 (carbon dioxide) emissions. Turning a single tree into 17 reams of paper results in around 110 lbs. of C02 being released into the atmosphere. Additionally, trees are also ‘carbon sinks’ and every tree that isn’t cut down for paper usage is able to absorb C02 gasses. The average tree can absorb around a ton (2,000 lbs.) of C02 in its lifetime.
In other words, going green is a good thing – and UCT is doing its part by encouraging our members to enroll to receive billing notices via email. It takes only minutes to enroll – all you need is an email address in order to opt-in. Just follow these quick steps:
- Go to the home page of UCT’s website at uct.org.
- Go to Login in the upper right hand corner and click on Members to access the password protected members’ area.
- If you’re logging in for the first time, use your member number for the Member Number and Password If not, use your member number and the password you’ve created.
- This will take you to the Members welcome page. Scroll through the menu on the left hand side to the very bottom where you see Going Green – Enroll to Receive Your Billing Notice by Email.
- This will take you to the page where you may enroll to receive your billing notices through email. Fill in the information, then click on Continue to Display Policies.
- Your policy/policies will show up. Please review, then click on Submit to Go Paperless.
- This will take you to the email confirmation page. Fill in your email address in Email Address and Re-Type Email Address, then click on Confirm.
- This will take you to the confirmation page that will show that you are enrolled and the address the billing notice will be sent to. Click on Back to Members Home Page to exit.
It really is that simple to get set up, so why not do your part for the environment by enrolling yourself today? Just to be safe, as we transition, the first notice will be emailed to those members who decide to opt-in and then any reminder notices will be emailed AND mailed.
Keep in mind this option is for members who receive paper bills only – and it is only an option. If you wish to continue receiving your paper billing notice in the mail, you don’t need to do a thing. Please note that members who already have EFT direct billing OR are on a spouse’s policy don’t need to enroll.
Have questions? Contact our customer service department at email@example.com or at 800.848.0123 x1300.