Creating awareness of UCT and your local council in your community is vital. Recognition of the good works your council engages in through community service can generate interest in your council – and just might help jumpstart membership. Creating awareness can:
- Increase understanding of UCT and our mission and programs
- Build a positive image of your local council and its impact on the community
- Position your council members as community leaders
- Attract new volunteers and possibly help recruit new members
Tools and resources are available to help you:
- The first thing you need to do is have a UCT banner with the current UCT logo and messaging to display at all events. If you don’t have a banner, contact us and we can help you get one.
- When volunteering or holding events, make sure to wear UCT T-shirts and other apparel. Also be sure to hand out promotional items with the UCT logo on them. Contact us for help obtaining these items.
- Check out the UCT Media Guide for tips to help you promote UCT and your local council’s activities.
- Use the Photo Tips as a guide when sending photos to the media.
- Put into action some of the Additional Promotional Tips.
- Use the UCT logo to create awareness and develop consistency.